As of December 29, 2020, the IRS has begun sending ACH files for the $600 per individual economic impact payments to Financial Institutions with an effective date of January 4th. ACH files will continue to be sent to banks until December 31st. Check payments will be printed and mailed in waves of 5Million-7Million per week beginning December 30, 2020, dated for January 6, 2021. Lastly, prepaid cards will be mailed in waves of 3Million per week beginning January 4th.
Below is information on how payments will be processed by River City Bank.
ACH Credits –
- Payments will be posted to your account based on the effective date of the IRS files (01/04/2021).
- ACH files are received three times each day (8:30am, 1:00pm and 5:00pm). If you are checking your account and have not received your credit, you should wait and check back after these processing times.
- Delay in payment may occur if the IRS has misinformation on your account information. Our ACH department will be working swiftly to process these payments to the correct accounts.
- Online banking customers can set up deposit alerts on their account so that they are notified at login if an ACH credit has been processed to your account. Instructions on how to set up deposit alerts can be found below.
Checks payments –
- Checks will be mailed by the IRS to individuals that are not set up for ACH or prepaid card payment beginning December 30th.
- River City Bank will cash checks for customers only.
If you have more questions or would like to check the status of your economic impact payment, you may do so by visiting the IRS website at www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment .
Setting up deposit alerts –
- Login to your online banking (via website only)
- Click the Settings tab
- Click the Alerts subtab
- Click the Events subtab or “Edit Event Alerts” in the Alert Listing subtab
- Select the type of alert(s) you would like to receive at login. For Economic Impact Payments, it is suggested to choose “Receiving Incoming ACH Credits”.
- Click Submit
- Review the alerts you are setting up and click accept
You will now be notified when logging into your online banking of any ACH Credits. Another option to receive alerts would be to receive an email or login alert when your balance goes above a certain amount. You may do so by following the steps above, but going to the Balance Alerts tab and entering the information of how and what you would like to be notified about.